All you need to know about Ginger
Brown, pungent smelling and incredibly good for health, it’s not for nothing that people the world over make use of ginger for an array of reasons. Conventionally grown in warm countries like China, India or even Africa, Ginger is a fuss free root vegetable that does not require much help to grow and thrive. The chief health benefits of ginger are as follow.
Benefits of Ginger:
1. Relieves Nausea
One of the biggest health benefits of ginger is that it helps in relieving nausea. It is for this reason that doctors advise nauseated pregnant women to have plenty of ginger in their diet. Ginger can be consumed in many ways whether plain, cooked in food or in a crushed from inside various drinks.
2. Boosts immunity.
If you are someone who constantly gets ill, then you should make it a point to include ginger in your diet as it is sure to boost your immunity and help you to stay fit. This is in fact one of the chief benefits of ginger.
Apart from helping to alleviate pain, ginger also has several anti-inflammatory properties. Anti-inflammatory implies that it helps in the reduction of an inflammation or swelling in the body. It is for this reason that doctors advice people with Arthritis to have ginger.
4. Aids in digestion.
In case you feel heavy after eating heartily, then having ginger is a great idea, owing to the fact that ginger aids in digestion.
To help you get the maximum benefits of ginger, some chief ways how to use ginger are:
The uses of ginger:
- Fresh pieces of ginger can be used as an aromatic or flavour agent in any drink or food item.
- Ginger is effective in dealing with issues of acne, hair fall or even BLEMISHES. All you will need to do is cut a small piece of ginger and rub it on the affected area.
- Apart from this, ginger powder is made use of to prepare cough drops.
- Last but not least, a common use of ginger is to make face masks! You may find a sample recipe we found on pinterest here.
Buy ginger powder here.
Apart from the benefits of ginger which have been mentioned above, there are other benefits which include- aiding in weight loss and lowering cholesterol. However despite the fact that ginger is so beneficial to health, there are some side effects of ginger which you should be aware of.
The side-effects of ginger are:
- Excess amounts may cause diarrhea
- Might cause blood pressure to get too low
- Causes excess bleeding during menstrual cycle
If you enjoyed your read, please share and comment.
Buy ginger powder here.