10 Foods That Are Amazingly Good For Your Brain.
- Blueberries stimulate the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain.
- Blueberries can help you hold good performance for longer periods of time.
- The antioxidants in blueberries have a tendency to accumulate in brain. This helps the neurons to mantain a proper performance during aging. (1)
2. Dark chocolate
Dark chocolate can boost your mood. It helps your body produce hormones called endorphins which will make you feel good. Endorphins also reduce pain and stress effects. (2)
- Chocolate is the main food source of anandamide, a naturally occurring compound called the “bliss molecule.” (3)
- Dark chocolate promotes blood flow to the brain.
- Flavonoids are highly available in dark chocolate and they improve problem solving skills and work as a cognitive enhancement.
3. Hemp seeds
- Magnesium plays an important role in stress reduction. One serving of Hemp seeds can provide you with half of the daily magnesium requirements.
- Your brain needs good fats in order to restore damaged cells. Hemp has the perfect ratio of fatty acids, which results in reduced stress, reduced anxiety levels, and enhanced memory.
- Choline helps boost the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is important for memory.
- Nitrites in choline help increase blood flow to the brain. Therefore more oxygen in those parts of the brain that require significant amounts of oxygen.
- Sage is a known memory enhancer. It works by protecting acetylcholine. As mentioned before, acetylcholine is critical to memory. Small amounts of Hemp oil may also help reduce risks of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Sardines are one of the highest sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids and they may help reduce inflammation and enhance memory.
- Eggs are rich in choline. Eating choline improves memory and communication between brain cells.
- Oats provide energy that lasts. It makes sense to state that kids who have oats for breakfast have a better performance than kids who have other types of foods.
9. Ground flaxseed
- Ground flaxseed is another one yo add to the list of high omega 3 foods. Ground flaxseed is an inexpensive way to add those omega oils into your diet.
- Besides being rich in omega 3 fatty acids, this contains a handful of nutrients. This nut contains manganese, copper, iron, calcium to phosphorus.
- Walnuts contain more antioxidants and folic acid than other nuts.